a broad range of services
for every individual
Teens & Tweens
Recent news headlines and research studies paint a bleak picture of today’s kids and teens. Rates of anxiety, depression, ADHD, and suicide are at all-time highs. Many teens feel an obligation to do everything perfect, and this perfectionism, leads to unhealthy amounts stress and pressure. Even in our super-connected, ultra-busy world, our young people feel lonelier than ever.
But these statistics only tell half of the story.
Today’s teens are creative, tolerant, and compassionate. They’re also not bogged down by old stigmas of counseling and mental health problems. This puts them in a perfect spot for fully using all that therapy offers. I draw from these strengths to connect with the teens who come to me for counseling. I love listening to their stories and getting to know them as unique individuals. Together, we explore the underlying causes of their distress and we develop a plan for how to make things better.
I tailor my sessions to fit each client. Sometimes we sit and talk. Other times, we make art, we journal, and we even watch YouTube videos.
I can help your tween or teen:
- Learn ways to manage stress and anxiety
- Overcome the belief that “I’m not (blank) enough”
- Find relief from depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-harming behavior
- Heal from trauma
- Develop a self-care plan for loneliness
- Process issues with relationships, friendships, and online connections
- Uncover the underlying reasons for behavioral and school problems, and learn new ways to approach these situations
- Help young athletes and their families thrive in a super-competitive youth sports culture
- Adjust to life transitions or changes in the family structure
I offer a safe, judgment-free place where you’re encouraged to shed your Instagram-worthy facade, and instead, be honest about what’s happening underneath. Invest in yourself. Meet with me and let’s have an authentic conversation about how you can begin to live your best life.
I can help you:
- Manage Anxiety and Stress
- Overcome Shame and the belief “I’m not (blank) enough” or “I’m not important.”
- Heal from depression
- Adjust to Life Transitions such as divorce, graduation, changes in family structure
- Heal from the scars of grief and trauma
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
EMDR was developed in the late 1990s as a way to help people heal from trauma. Since then, it has become a widely-used form of therapy to treat trauma, panic, anxiety, and past emotionally-charged experiences that are interfering with present-day life. This approach believes past emotionally-charged experiences are overly influencing your present life. For example, many people will react to an event and think, “Logically, this shouldn’t bother me, but it still does.”
EMDR replicates REM sleep patterns to help process old memories and traumas. This allows you break through the emotional blocks and finally be free from the old wounds.
For more information, look at: www.emdria.org
I offer individual and family sessions for teens, tweens, and adults.
My fee is $120 per session.
I am also available to speak to your group! I love giving talks or workshops about anything mental health related.
Please contact me for the presentation fee.